Saturday, December 16, 2006

My Conscious is Clear

This morning my wife and mother in law and I got out and did a little shopping. Very little shopping on my part actually. We stopped to get a sandwich at lunch and while eating I told Kathy I sure would like a homemade chocolate cake.

She promised she would make one this weekend.

Tonight I drove over to the Country Club in Dublin, GA to speak at a bank Christmas party. When I pulled in the parking lot I saw a very familiar face.


My friend Rena Bowden was standing in the parking lot. Rena and her husband Jim live in the Dublin area and their daughter in law works at the bank where I was scheduled to speak. Rena knew I was coming so she came out early to catch me before the banquet began. (Rena is pictured here with her son and daughter-in-law, Matthew and Ashley)

Rena told me she had something for Kathy and she pulls out a homemade chocolate cake. God was speaking to Rena today and Rena was listening. Nobody makes a chocolate cake like Rena Bowden.

And nobody likes Rena’s chocolate cakes more than this blogger.

She said the cake was for Kathy and she made sure to show me that the card on the cake had Kathy’s name plainly on it. That works great. Rena gives the cake to Kathy. Kathy doesn’t have to cook a cake as she promised. And I get to eat what I was talking about today at lunch.

I’ll get the cake. One act of random kindness kindly received.

I can’t pay Rena back so I pay it forward times three.

I give Kathy the door prize I won at the party. Pay it forward one time.
Kathy doesn’t have to cook a cake as she promised. Pay it forward two times.
I will let her have a piece of the cake. (Pay it forward three times).

I’ve done my duty. Received the act of kindness and paid it forward.

My conscious is so clear about this.

But now I have to figure out how to get this chocolate out of my laptop keyboard before I go to bed. It’s kinda hard to eat chocolate cake and write a blog at the same time.

No comments: