Thursday, March 29, 2007

Oh Baby Take That

For those of you who have not read all these blogs or cannot remember all the subjects I have written about, GrandDeb has been one of my subjects. We grew up across the street from one another and were childhood sweethearts for a season or two. We never did anything except maybe hold hands a time or two. She and her hubby Bob now live in a far away land called the United Kingdom.

But the internet makes the world much smaller. And since she and Bob have a brand new grandbaby named Max, GrandDeb is obviously starving for blogspace. So being the nice guy I am, I am glad to give it to her and her little Max.




Who knows? Max and Taylor may hook up one day and whichever grandparent is still living then can read this blog at their wedding rehearsal dinner. Just in case that is true, I have already done a background check on little Max. It came back that he doesn’t sleep well at night and uses the bathroom in his britches. The good thing is that he has no negatives on his credit report.

It seems like just yesterday that GrandDeb and I were little kids playing in the yard while our parents visited in the living room. Now all of a sudden we are comparing pictures of our grandbabies from different parts of the world.

My goodness things have changed. But GrandDeb’s competitive spirit hasn’t changed a bit. Read the emails below.
______________________________________________

Bruce, Wendy sent me a picture titled "Oh Baby.” Wanted to forward my response to her, and her's back to me. Wish you could meet her, she is so cute. Anyway, thought you'd get a laugh out of this. Tell Kathy she is the best looking Grandmom I've ever seen. That picture with Coach Carter was just beautiful! Debbie


Debbie to Wendy

Oh baby, how precious is that? Just wanted to give you a heads up. I read Bruce Goddard's most recent blog, and it seems he is already teaching Taylor to read! Go get the books and start reading to our baby IMMEDIATELY, NOW, ASAP!!!!! GranDeb PS: You don't think I'm too competitive, do you?


Wendy to Debbie

I forgot to mention that Max counted to ten this morning and then sang the alphabet. Take that Goddard's! :-)


Bruce to Wendy and Debbie

Actually I was not reading to Taylor. She was reading to me. We had just finished going over her multiplication tables.

Oh Baby take that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? Well, I was at Cambridge last week talking to the people in admissions about baby Max, and they said he did indeed sound like a most remarkable child. They asked me to see if Wendy and Peter could bring him over at his earliest convenience. He has applied for a passport! Love you, GranDeb

Bruce Goddard said...

GrandDeb, Taylor became a member of Sam's Wholesale Club today. Surely you can't beat that.