Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dawn Has Arrived


Dawn has arrived at the Goddard house this week. And if there has ever been a more beautiful one, I haven’t seen it yet.

From my perspective our nephew Hoke has hit himself a homerun.

This gorgeous gal came to Georgia this week from West Haven Connecticut by way of Chattanooga Tennessee. The more I talk to her, the more impressed I become. And the more I am impressed with her parents for the way they raised her.

And the more impressed I am with Sydney Hoke Bryan, IV for finding her.

Dawn is a junior at Tennessee Temple in Chattanooga and is on an academic scholarship. When she was 14 years old, this incredible home schooler began taking college courses and getting college credits. She began her college career in Chattanooga at the age of 16 - as a sophomore. She will graduate with a degree in Psychology next year at age 19.

Obviously Dawn is very smart. But I also think she is quickly becoming a Southern Belle.

As you might imagine, Dawn experienced a little culture shock when she arrived in Chattanooga in the fall of 2007. I’m sure there was more culture shock when she arrived at our house last Sunday afternoon.

She says things are a little slower and more laid back in this part of the world.

Although Dawn is a major UCon Huskie basketball fan (her mom is a Ucon alumnus), she has already begun checking out how to become a naturalized citizen of the Georgia Bulldog Nation.

Hoke and Dawn have only been seeing each other about six weeks. They officially became a couple about three weeks ago.

I am officially writing my first blog about her now. Hopefully there will be many more blogs to come

I do think she is fitting in very nicely though.

I heard her say “y’all” on at least two occasions tonight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am Dawn's aunt. You hit the nail on the head. Now if I may be so bold, please do tell me something about Hoke. His good taste in quality young ladies speaks something about his character, and Dawn's choosing to spend time with him speaks even more about his character. Tell me more.

Anonymous said...

Sis, you're hysterical!!! :o) That's my sister Mo, Bruce! I think you've met your match!!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Bruce, I couldn't figure out how to leave a comment hear last night, so it's on Hoke's profile page!! Awesome job! Can't wait to meet all of you!! :o)

Bruce Goddard said...

Fair question Mo... send me ane mail at rbgoddard@cox.net

Anonymous said...

Wow, did I really spell "here", "hear"??? And I homeschooled Dawn???? How did she graduate???
Linda :o)

Anonymous said...

Hoke is an incredible young man. I can't wait to meet Dawn. She must be very special to Hoke. I wish I were in WR last weekend to spend time with all of you. I will just have to make a little day trip to Chatt. and meet this special young lady.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

I am Hoke's aunt Teeny. I am anxious to meet this special young lady in Hoke's life. She obviously has good taste in quality young men. i look forward to learning more about her.