Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dead Solid Perfect

I don’t think I’ll ever forget the first time I met Drew Watkins. Luke brought her to the house and I could tell she was nervous as nervous can be. We really wanted her to feel at home. It didn’t take long.

She is one of us now.

I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone any sweeter or cuter. She has more personality than you can shake a stick at. And she is talented.

Gifted would be the better word.

And she has a spark in her eye.

She also can handle Luke. When she says jump… he says how high. Amazing what a girl can do. She even tried to teach him how to dance. In fact, she gave Luke’s mom and dad a few dancin’ lessons as well.

Luke and Drew have been dating a couple of years now… maybe a year and a half. Luke is beginning his 3rd year in college. Drew just started her college career last week.

Who knows where their relationship will go?

But I sure would make her a great daddy in law.

I’m two for two in that category so far. Not just base hits either… but home runs. As I have mentioned before, my two older boys have done really well in picking out my daughters in law.

I don’t get to play golf very often these days. When I do play, I usually hit the ball off to the right or to the left. It’s just more difficult than it used to be to hit a ball right between the screws.

But every now and then I hit one. And it sure does feel good when it happens. It makes me want to go back and play again. For you golfers, you know the great feeling when you catch one just right.

That’s the same kind of feeling I get when I’m around Drew Watkins.

Luke definitely has caught one just right.

She is dead solid perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just read, again, the "Dead Solid Perfect" blog about Drew. I totally agree with you about Drew. She is about as good as it gets. The glow in her eyes makes me feel so good. Drew is so wonderful and I'm blest to know her.
Lynn