Thursday, October 05, 2006

I Couldn't Let the Moment Fall Through the Crack

Pass the butt…I mean butter please.

I was coming in off a day trip tonight and met my wife in a local eatery for dinner.

We definitely had a table with a view.

The food was great. But we had a hard time eating. It can be rather difficult eating when you are laughing. Not only were we laughing at the view but we were laughing watching others laugh when they caught the view.

There was a guy that really cracked us up.

We watched a table of about twelve finish eating and walk by. One of the ladies saw it and she got cracked up. She got her friend’s attention and her friend got cracked up. In just a moment all twelve of them were cracked up.

Kathy asked me not to make a wisecrack.

My wife begged me not to do it but I had to go to the car and get my camera. I knew I had to capture the moment.

I am a blogger for goodness sakes.

I also knew I didn’t have to be in a big hurry because I saw how much was on his plate. I figured he would be there for awhile.

A couple of waitresses helped me out. My new friend, April, snapped one of the pictures from the other side of the banana pudding while another waitress (I didn’t get her name) acted as a decoy.

April was later tipped generously for her assistance.

I try to make a point to capture the important moments in my life ... for posterity sake.

I just couldn’t let this moment fall through the crack.

It definitely could have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He could have used some crack spackle.

Anonymous said...

"Say NO! to crack!!!" Thanks for a good laugh out loud!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story. And I also enjoyed your book "view from a Hearse". Always enjoy seeing your brother George...your name and stories come up often. Dr DeLay, Dalton, GA

Anonymous said...

Bruce,
My husband and I have never laughed so hard. That is so funny!! Thanks for the laugh. See yall' next week.
April