Monday, April 23, 2007

The Real Bubba


(Savannah) I was at this restaurant in early January and wrote a blog about how good the food was. I wrote about my Cajun friend and co-worker, Bubba Brasseaux, about a month after that when I was in Louisiana. My friend is definitely the real Bubba. Uncle Bubba must be an imposter.

But it only seems appropriate that I write about both tonight.

Shirley (Bubba) Brasseaux, from Lake Charles Louisiana, is visiting Savannah, GA this week. I don’t know how many guys you know with the first name of Shirley but maybe that will help you understand why everyone calls him Bubba. He “shirley” don’t look like any Shirley I have known.

And he “shirley” don’t act like any Shirley I have known.

The real Bubba has got more Cajun stories than you can even imagine. He has a way of telling those stories that will make you bust a gut when he is on a roll telling them. He doesn’t know it but he could make a ton of money telling his stories. People pay good money to laugh and the real Bubba could definitely be cashing in on that.

And some people are just plain fun to be around and the real Bubba is one of them.

So I could not think of a better place for the real Bubba to eat tonight on his first trip to Savannah than at this restaurant called Uncle Bubba’s.

The real Bubba meets Uncle Bubba.

Actually Bubba didn’t get to meet Uncle Bubba in person but he did get to eat plenty of his food. And he also got the tee shirt. In fact, I think he got several of them.


And of course I got a picture to capture the moment. Since Uncle Bubba was not at his restaurant tonight I found the next best thing. Our new friend Eden is the manager of Uncle Bubba’s Oyster House. She agreed to risk her reputation and pose with two of my co-workers. Tim from Oklahoma City is on her right and the real Bubba is on her left.

The moment is now recorded in the annals of blog history. The real Bubba showed up at Uncle Bubba’s in Savannah on April 23, 2007.

I was there. I saw it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The three of them make a great photo. Did you all stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Savannah?