Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Smile Big

(Oklahoma City) Her mom and dad call her Bee-Bop. I wanted to be the first to write an article about this future Miss Oklahoma or Miss America. Is she cute or what?? Oh my they grow them pretty in Oklahoma.


I received this photo today from a friend in OKC who happens to be this little girl's mom and I can tell you it really caused me to smile big when I saw it. Hallie Reese is about 16 months old. And to think in less than a year our little Taylor Reese will be this big and fun and cute just makes me forget about the business at hand for a moment. And savor every single moment.

I smiled big because I know her mom really well and know about her dad. And I know this little girl has been blessed beyond measure because she has been born into a family where she will be loved unconditionally her entire life. And we all know some children are not so fortunate.

Time will fly by for this mom and dad. In what will seem like a blink of an eye, they will look back one day and will wonder where the time went. They will wish they could go back and re-live the days they are living right now. It just goes by so quickly.

I am reminded of part of that Gaither song I have quoted so many times:

Hold tight to the sound of the music of living.
Happy songs from the laughter at children at play.
Hold my hand as we walk through the sweet fragrant meadows.
Making memories of what was today.
Tiny voice that I hear is my little boy calling
For daddy to hear just what he has to say.
Or your little girl running there by the hillside.
May never be quite like today.


Little Hallie Reese will never be quite like she is today. And neither will your little girl. Or your little boy.

Take my advice and enjoy every single moment.

And smile big.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl and a gorgeous smile! They DO grow them pretty in Oklahoma.

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of truth in this blog. Time keeps moving. We certainly should enjoy the moment.

Anonymous said...

A comment on "Red Eye"--I'm glad to know how you worried about your son because I thought I had too much concern when my son and his cousin (both 22) flew to Boston for a Sox game and some siteseeing. I must admit that L.A. is a bit more scary than Boston. But when your child is from lower Alabama and one of them has never flown and they are going to a rather large city--- well, it makes you pray hard. Thank the Lord yours and mine made it back safely.