Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Just Do It



I visited her first when she was behind the glass in the newborn nursery at the hospital when she was just a few minutes old. I talked to her many times when she was still in her Mom’s tummy before she was born. And I was there filming her and her mom and dad when they brought her home from the hospital. In other words I don’t think she would have trouble recognizing my voice if I called her today and offered my congratulations on her engagement. If I can get someone to give me her phone number I will call her before the night is over. I just love that girl.

One thing is for certain. The guy she is marrying just hit a home run. An out of the park grand slam homerun. I just don’t know many people like this sweet Amanda. You can tell from this picture that she is gorgeous looking. But she is gorgeous inside and out. And she has a personality that is as bubbly as the most expensive bottle of champagne money can buy.

Amanda will finish school next March and will be a Physician’s Assistant. For your edification, a PA is not someone who answers the phone for the doctor or fetches the light when he needs it. She will prescribe medicine and give rectal exams and do all the fun things doctors do. And not every Tom, Dick and Harry has what it takes to become a Physician’s Assistant. Amanda has what it takes to do anything.


Although I didn’t know he was about to offer her a ring, I met her future hubby, Collier, this past weekend. I have a gut feeling that Amanda just hit an out of the park grand slam homerun as well. Collier is currently in Medical School at Virginia Tech. I never applied to that Medical School (or any Medical School for that matter) but I am absolutely sure not every Tom, Dick and Harry is accepted to Medical School at Virginia Tech.

In other words two very special folks have found each other. Some will say they are lucky. I call it Providence. Somehow in the big scheme of things God has seen fit to bring these two special folks together. Jimmy and Beth have been praying for the perfect husband for their only daughter since before she was born.

Let it be recorded here today that God really does look after His children. And He hears us when we pray. Maybe we should take Nike’s advice.

Just do it.

And join me in wishing this very special couple a wonderful life together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be the only ugly person you know.

Anonymous said...

Ugly people need love and "Andy of Mayberry" lives too.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Amanda! I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Nathan Said...

i am happy for my big sis and new bro

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to a wonderful couple! Godspeed.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. Ya'll make a wonderful couple. Can't wait until August. (Collier, you have got to find my daughter someone like you!)