Friday, July 13, 2007

You Know I Feel Alright


I had my first anniversary of blogging about 5 days ago. Amazingly this will be the 320th blog I have posted to this site. Most have been written late at night in hotel rooms at different cities throughout the US. Some have been written early in the morning and some have been written at airport gates waiting on a delayed flight and some I have written at 30,000 feet. I have found blogging to be therapeutic.

I also have a day job that runs into most nights. I have responsibility in 8 states and our corporate home office is in a ninth state. So I travel every week. Sometimes I travel by air and sometimes by car but always focusing on the job at hand. And always keeping an eye open for the next blog.

And there have been more than a few speakng engagments sprinkled in the mix.

It is really amazing how much more you notice and how much more interesting people are when you know you have a blog to write that night. A good friend advised me over a cup of coffee a few years ago that I needed to smell the roses along the way. Blogging has been the catalyst to allow me to do that. As I have said here before the prize is not in something I’m pursuing but the prize is in the journey. And that definitely is true.

With that said, in the morning I’m changing my routine for a week. My wife and I and our little dog and a few boys and their wives and a beautiful granddaughter are headed to the beach. (If you are thinking about burglarizing our house while I’m gone I wouldn’t try – we have a couple of mean house sitters staying behind). I’m really looking forward to unwinding and recharging and doing absolutely nothing but enjoying my family.

For you avid blog readers I’m not sure how often I will blog this week. Maybe every night. Maybe every now and then. Maybe 3 times a day. And maybe none at all. If I get the urge I will. If I don’t I won’t. But I will definitely have my camera with me. And my laptop just in case I find an internet connection.

Please keep checking back. I’ve worked too hard to get all you folks reading.

It’s been a hard days night and I’ve been working like a dog. It’s been a hard days night and I should be sleeping like a log. But when I get home to you I’ll find the things that you do will make me feel alright.

You know I feel alright.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get sun burned.

Anonymous said...

Bruce,

You all have fun on vacation. It was so good to see you all last week. Bye the way... When was the last time you told "Horse for Sale"

In Christ,

Ed and Tonya

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a good time and be careful!
Don't let Taylor get sunburned.

Renee