Sunday, January 23, 2011

At Last I See the Light

“At last I see the light. And it’s like the fog has lifted.”

I thought it happened when we became parents but I now realize I was too busy trying to make a living and rushing around juggling all the balls young parents do.

“All those years chasing down a daydream. All those years living in a blur.”

The world begins to look much different when seen from the eyes of folks like me who have less years ahead of them than behind them. There is a place in life when the dream chasing slows down and the world, from your perspective, somehow shifts.

And it’s a good thing.

The baton is passed. Your children become the parents you were in what seems like only a short time ago.

Birthday parties for little grand baby girls make a Papa think... and smile.. and feel good inside... and make videos so the special moments can be visited again and again.

This one is for all the Papa’s and Meme’s out there.

And for our little Tangled princess we call Taylor who is now 4 years old.

Taylor's 4th Birthday from Bruce Goddard on Vimeo.

No comments: