Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lord Have Mercy - I'm Gonna be a Grandpa



Lord have mercy… I’m gonna to be a grandpa. Get your feet off the table Mabel and give the cheese a chance to stink. I can’t believe it!

It was just yesterday that I was playing little league baseball and I was somebody’s grandson. Life sure went by in a hurry.

It also seems like just yesterday that the daddy of this baby was doing such “little boy” things as playing in mud puddles, standing in the toilet wearing his brand new shoes, painting his brother silver and getting pulled in a wagon with a broken leg.

John was always the first among his brothers to get into trouble and he was always the first to get caught. He never knew but one speed…wide open.

I always kinda figured he would be the first among his brothers to join the ranks of fatherhood.

Now for him it’s time for payback.

He also happened to pick the most gorgeous, wonderful person in the world to be the mom of my grandbaby. John hit a grand slam homerun on wife picking.

And he has made this dad one proud hombre.

I just hate Tami has to go through all the labor pain.

I’ve never had a baby myself but I have been close to it. I am one of the few men you would ever meet who has experienced labor pains. For you out there who suffer from IBS, you can relate. I know how tough it is to be riding down the road doing 90 MPH going through transition. I’ve experienced that pain. I also know what it’s like to go from 5 CM to 10 CM in 30 seconds.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome does that to you.

I’m sure Tami will want me in the delivery room since I can relate so much to the pain she will be going through.

But even if she doesn’t, I will be waiting right outside the door.

200 days to go… 4800 hours.

And I will be one proud grandpa.

No comments: