Friday, October 31, 2008

The New Twenty


The former Carol Wright turned 50 a few days ago. In 50 more short years, she will be 100. Her wish was to go quietly with a simple birthday dinner at home. As her brother in law, I feel strongly that it falls upon me to make it a little louder.

Actually a lot louder.

For the record her name now is Carol Underwood. She doesn’t look old but I can vouch for at least the last 30 or so years when she started dating my brother in law Rudy. Rudy was a Lambda Chi at the University of Georgia. Carol was a ZTA. The ZTA house, full of beautiful girls, was located diagonally across the street from the Lambda Chi House which was full of hormone raged boys. I have already written here that a lot of love relationships began on Milledge Avenue in Athens, GA.

Some of them lasted. Some didn’t.

This one did.

Interestingly Rudy and Carol produced two beautiful girls who are both currently active ZTA’s at UGA. I suppose if Rudy and Carol had a boy he would have been a Lambda Chi.


Courtney and Claire drove over to Atlanta from Athens to celebrate their mom’s half century mark. As you can see Rudy had some Maine Lobster flown it for the special occasion. Actually from the reports I have received, Rudy cooked up quite a meal.

He also married himself quite a gal.

My youngest son wished her a happy birthday a couple of days before the big day. CLICK HERE to hear his birthday wishes to his Aunt Carol. Make sure your volume is on.

And be prepared to laugh.

Happy Birthday Carol. You have now officially been blogged. It couldn't happen to a nicer person. And it couldn't happen at a better time.

Just remember, fifty is the new twenty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making her birthday louder!! She looks 20 if you ask me!